Explore stars, galaxies, and our incredible universe with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that the sun takes 240 million years to make one orbit around the Milky Way? Or that astronauts learn what it feels like in space by training underwater? Find out why!
Perfect for all young Earthlings who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their space know-how, DK findout! Universe is sure to inspire the next amazing science fair project or school report. Inside, author Giles Sparrow breaks down the universe and our place in it.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
– See meteors, comets, asteroids, and the eight planets of our solar system
– Learn how astronomers measure cosmic distances using light-years
– Read about amazing astronauts, such as Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong
– Discover how people have tried to contact aliens over the years using space probes, satellite dishes, and radio signals
– Explore night-sky star constellations like Cassiopeia, Centaurus, and Ursa Major
– Hear from real-life expert Suzanna Randall what it’s like to be an astronomer today
– and find out much, much more!