- Children's Books
- Science Books
- DKfindout! Energy by Emily Dodd
DKfindout! Energy by Emily Dodd
From light and heat to magnetism and electricity, explore energy with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that lighting can be more than five times hotter than the surface of the sun? Or that the world’s most powerful wind turbine has blades longer than nine buses? Find out why!
Perfect for energetic young scientists who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their science know-how, DK findout! Energy is sure to inspire the next amazing science fair project or school report. Inside, author Emily Dodd breaks down what energy is and why it’s so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
– Learn about the different types of energy, including kinetic energy, potential energy, and chemical energy
– Read about the discoveries of brilliant scientists such as Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, and Marie Curie
– See how sound energy travels, how conductors and insulators work, and how electricity flows through a circuit
– Watch the chemical explosion that occurs when a firework is lit
– Discover renewable energy sources and ways we can conserve, or save, energy
– Hear from real-life scientist Dr. Canan Dagdeviren at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
– and find out much, much more!