- Children's Books
- Fiction Grades 3 to 5
- Trials of Apollo
- Trials of Apollo #1: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
Trials of Apollo #1: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
The god Apollo is banished to Earth as an awkward teenage mortal in this New York Times #1 bestseller, the first in a five-book series, now in paperback with a bonus short story included.
"Riordan's many fans will be thrilled with this return to the world of Percy Jackson and friends. . . This latest has Riordan's signature wry narration, nonstop action, and mythology brought to life."--School Library Journal
- A different take on Greek and Roman mythology
- An arrogant god has to learn what it means to be human
- Beloved characters from Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Heroes of Olympus make cameo appearances
- New demigods are introduced
- Villains come from Roman history
- Perfect for ages 10 up; doesn't require knowledge of Rick's other series
- Includes a bonus short story: "Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo"
How do you punish an immortal? By making him human.
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favor.
But Apollo has many enemies-gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.